- We suggest keeping your bike in or on your vehicle. Hotel lot is free and immediately adjacent to the hotel.
- Bicycles may be stored in your room at the host hotel, if you have a room on the first floor. Tandems will not fit in the elevators for rooms on second or third floor. You are responsible for any damage caused by storing your bike in the room.
- We will have a storage room available for oversized bikes. This room will be locked during the overnight hours, but will be open and unsecured during the day. You must reserve your spot in advance when registering for the event as well as provide your own stand. Bicycles cannot be leaned against the walls.
- Bike locks are strongly recommended.
NOTE: Use of the bike storage room was selected as a registration option and will first be available to attendees who pre-registered for bike storage. If more room is available on Saturday, other teams will be permitted to use the space if needed.
Routes & Signage
- Sag Support is being provided by club members Art Tillman and Stan Frey. They will be on the course. If you need to be taken to the bike mechanics, you may call Art or Stan (see the printed event booklet you’ll receive at registration for their phone numbers). They will be happy to assist you from their truck if they are able or take you to a mechanic at the lunch stop.
- Expert mechanics will be available from Wheel & Sprocket in the south parking lot of the hotel before Saturday and Sunday mass starts and will be available at the lunch stops on Saturday and Sunday.
- There will be mass starts for both Saturday and Sunday rides at 9:00 AM. Please arrive at 8:45 AM for announcements. The mass starts will be in the south (side) parking lot. If you are able, try to park in that parking lot to minimize inconvenience to other guests as people are gathering for announcements. We will have a police escort at the beginning of both Saturday and Sunday rides to help us navigate through the city.
We always appreciate our vendors who attend MTR! This year is no exception, especially dealing with the uncertainties of Covid 19. Please visit our vendor area during the hours listed in the schedule. This year’s vendors include:
- Tandem Diversity
- Tandems Ltd
- Chicago Area Tandem Society (MTR 2022)
In addition, the MTR 2021 registration area will be located in the vendor room.
The 2021 Midwest Tandem Rally is hosted by Couples On Wheels (COWs) Tandem Club of Wisconsin.
Learn more about our club and our rides at www.couplesonwheels.com.