Registration as well as most route starts will be at the Delta Racine, our host hotel. The packet you receive at Registration / Check-in will also include printed route cue sheets. Visit the Routes page for more details on the routes, a Ride with GPS link, and more info about all of the fun activities for MTR2021!.
General Information: Please park in the south (side) parking lot to the right of the entrance, if possible, to minimize inconvenience to other guests that may want to leave the hotel as we are gathering for the mass start. Likewise, please allow other guests to exit if needed as the mass start is gathering.
September 3, 2021
- Registration / Check-in: 2:00 – 8:00 PM Skylight Room
- Bike Storage: 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM Huron A&B. Note: Bike storage room is offered as a convenience and is not supervised during these hours. See separate section on Bike Storage. Bike storage was selected as a registration option and will first be available to attendees that pre-registered for bike storage. If more room is available on Saturday, other teams will be permitted to use the space if needed.
- Ice Cream Ride: 18 miles on your own. One of our stops is Apple Holler. You’ll want to leave early to see the goats on the Golden Goat Bridge. And take a backpack so you can bring back some of their renowned apple cider donuts! They close at 5:00, so ride early! If you are running a little late for Apple Holler, you can satisfy your sweet tooth at Dairy Queen, across the street from the host hotel.
- Vendors: 2:00 – 8:00 PM Skylight Room
- Door Prizes: 6:30 PM Skylight Room, Near Registration area. Some of our partners have generously donated door prizes. Drawing will be held at 6:30 near the Registration table. You do not need to be present to win. Everyone who is registered at the time of the drawing will be entered. We will post the lucky winners at the registration table. You may pick up at that table during normal registration hours or text Beth at 262-875-2855 to make alternate arrangements for pickup.
- New Rider Orientation: 7:00 – 7:30 PM Center Courtyard. Come meet your fellow new participants and hear all about the fun you will have this weekend!
September 4, 2021
Club Jersey Day (Wear your local club jersey on the ride!)
- Registration / Check-in: 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM Skylight Room
- Bike Storage: 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM Huron A&B. Note: Bike storage room is offered as a convenience and is not supervised during these hours. See separate section on Bike Storage. Bike storage was selected as a registration option and will first be available to attendees that pre-registered for bike storage. If more room is available on Saturday, other teams will be permitted to use the space if needed.
- Mass Start @ 9:00 AM in Delta south side parking lot. Arrive by 8:45 for announcements. Wear your club or local area jersey so we can see where you are from!
- Routes: Options for approximately 36, 48, or 68 miles that will take you into the Wisconsin countryside west of Racine. Depending on the route you select, you will have 1 or 2 rest stops in addition to the lunch stop. Lunch will be catered by O&H Bakery, and will include a slice of kringle, just because Racine is the kringle capital of the world! See the Routes page for additional information.
- Group social event: 5:00 PM at the Franksville Craft Beer Garden (9614 Northwestern Avenue, Franksville, WI). You know you’re in Wisconsin when there is a beer garden close by! We plan to gather around 5:00 pm at the Beer Garden to enjoy some beer, food, and live music beginning at 6:00 PM with Jay Matthes. We will gather by the tent on the north side of the beer garden and will also mark the tent area with our route marking signs (which you will be familiar with after Saturday’s ride!). As of 8/25 the food truck lineup included All About Tacos, RollMKE and Das Brat & Pretzel. We were cautioned this is subject to change. You can also bring food and non-alcoholic beverages into the area, but carry-in of alcoholic beverages is not permitted. There will be some seating available, but if you want to be sure to get a seat bring a chair with you! Wear your MTR name tags so we can identify our group members!
NOTE: We recommend that everyone drives to this event (not bike). The area around the beer garden is very busy.
- Vendors: 2:00 – 800 PM Skylight Room
September 5, 2021
Rally Jersey Day (Wear your MTR 2021 jersey or tech tee on the ride!)
- Registration / Check-in: 7:00 – 8:00 AM Skylight Room
- Bike Storage: 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM Huron A&B. Note: Bike storage room is offered as a convenience and is not supervised during these hours. See separate section on Bike Storage.
- Mass Start @ 9:00 AM in Delta south (side) parking lot (Arrive by 8:45 for announcements)
- Routes: 30, 44, or 53 miles, or short ride option of 16 miles (16-mile ride has remote start). We will have a police escort at the mass start for the routes beginning from the hotel. Today’s rides are all about the big beautiful Lake Michigan! All routes will take us out to Lake Michigan where you will see the Wind Point lighthouse that was the inspiration for our MTR logo. There will be one rest stop and a lunch stop at Cliffside Park. We will have a police escort through an urban area of Racine on our way to the lake. We expect to pass some unique architecture, including the SC Johnson Golden Rondelle, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. If you are unable to make the 9:00 AM mass start with police escort, please begin with the remote start option, starting from Cliffside Park. See Routes for more information.
One final note about today’s routes – it would not be summer in Wisconsin without a little construction! There is construction both near the hotel and on Highway 20, where we believe at this time the police escort will take us. Last week when we started printing cue sheets we believed it would be on 16th Street. Be assured the police will take us on the best route based on construction status on September 5. We provided an “Addendum” to Sunday’s ride to show the route on Highway 20. The two routes merge together on Highway 20/Washington Avenue near the lakefront. There is not more than a .2 difference in distance, so riders should not see a significant discrepancy in their cue sheets or Ride with GPS navigation.
September 6, 2021
16 miles. On your own ride starting from the hotel, which will route past Martha’s Pancake House Cafe and Meli Café. A light continental breakfast will also be available at the host hotel. Another option is to visit Apple Holler if you missed it on Friday. Their breakfast will open at 9:00 AM.
Bike Storage: 7:00 AM Bike storage room will be open. All bikes must be out of the room by noon on Monday.
Thanks for attending MTR 2021 and safe travels!
September 9, 2021
Virtual Rally Debrief Meeting 7:00 PM via Zoom
Interested in hosting a future MTR? Join this meeting via Zoom to chat with this year’s planning team as we share our experiences for planning this event!
When: Sep 9, 2021 — 7:00 PM Central Time
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
If you have questions or issues registering for the Zoom meeting please email Beth at email@example.com.
The 2021 Midwest Tandem Rally is hosted by Couples On Wheels (COWs) Tandem Club of Wisconsin.
Learn more about our club and our rides at www.couplesonwheels.com.